Our company derives its name from Perseverance Street, one of the oldest streets in the heart of Gympie. Our name celebrates our connection to place and symbolises our ongoing investigation of the essence of human perseverance through performance and storytelling.
As a not-for-profit regional arts organization, we focus on utilizing the power of performance to foster wellbeing, resilience and connectedness. Alongside our key focus on performance making, we are committed to the design and delivery of positive, immersive, cultural learning experiences with and for our community.
Perseverance Street represents the diversity of our community on stage, bringing their stories to life. Through the advancement of culture and education in our region, we aim to build a creative, more resilient and empowered community.
We are a regional hub for contemporary performance making, passionately working to nurture the development of young, graduate, emerging and/or regional artists to ensure that ambitious, bold, courageous, urgent and relevant stories reach audiences of all ages.
We will persevere until we:
- produce a body of creative work and cultural experiences fostering sustainable, equitable and inclusive futures for all
- engage our community with the power of theatre to enrich lives, connect us and create positive social impact
- generate pathways for young, graduate, emerging and regional artists; from experience, to training, to meaningful careers in the Creative Industries.
What do we do:
- New performance development
- Workshops for children, young people and adults
- Artist in residencies
- Applied Theatre
- Youth Theatre
- Community and participatory theatre
- Cultural event management.